Would you like to enrich your relationships with clients planning to exit their businesses? And also grow your own business and assets under management as a result?
Successful business owners are the single largest group of wealth creators and the vast majority of their wealth is often tied up in their businesses. For proactive wealth advisors, an owner’s decision to exit is an opportunity to support both their transition to exit and the translation of some or all of that wealth into AUM.
The challenge lies in the approach.
While offering technical advice may seem the best solution, it’s highly likely that your clients will simply ignore it.
Having explored 35+ years of academic research and undertaken specialized PhD research, we can confidently say, “we know what motivates business owners.”
Armed with this knowledge we can help your firm build sustained business development funnels that see:
- Owners taking action. Our expertise and processes motivate business owners to make their transitions/exits happen in concert with their wealth advisors insights
- Increased AUM. The Orange Kiwi process cements the advisor/owner relationship, leading naturally to opportunities for newly liquid wealth resulting from a successful exit to become AUM for the wealth manager
- New clients. Our fresh, engaging approach has often led to word-of-mouth recommendations from delighted business owners
- Enhanced brand identity. In the digital age, expert technical advice has become a commodity. As an Orange Kiwi client you’ll acquire an approach that puts your firm well ahead of the herd.
We have a proven track record of working with institutional and independent wealth management firms. Our solutions include:
- Training. We offer training for both frontline staff and back-office marketing teams in identifying and communicating with existing clients who are ideal targets for activation.
- Business pipeline. Using a mix of digital and face-to-face channels/events, we provide multiple pathways for owners embarking on their exit journeys.
- Assessment. Business owners deserve your dedicated attention. Our proprietary online assessment tool goes below the surface of the individual, and we translate the data into tailored recommendations for action.
- Partnership. An exit is never a single event – it’s a journey that takes time. Our solution mix (speaking/events, content, and consulting) helps business owners discover what is require to transition to a life of significance beyond their role as owner.
“Joanne” had built a successful family home furniture company, bootstrapping her way to $35 million a year in revenue. She’d reached the stage where her three children were responsible for “managing the business”; however, she was still influencing decisions and controlling the purse strings.
The senior strategist at Joanne’s institutional wealth management firm contacted us when his communications with her failed to lead to action on exiting the business. Together, we devised an approach in which Joanne was invited to join a regional owners’ forum, undertake an online assessment and attend a follow-up webinar and individualized consultations.
Joanne willingly participated in all of these initiatives and described our approach as a “breath of fresh air”. Better informed and, more importantly, much less emotionally torn, she moved efficiently and effectively towards her transaction and exit.
“I recently became aware of Orange Kiwi’s work through a webinar that they hosted. The message they shared resonated with the business owner market that I’ve been working so hard to competitively distinguish my organization in. In reaching out to them, they were a) responsive b) enthusiastic, and c) eminently qualified!
“We have begun what I call a ‘journey’ together by hosting a Finish Big Forum for business owners. As part of the value of that event, we provided access to their online assessment tool and have been amazed with client engagement and the insights gained. I can honestly say that in 35 years in this business, I’ve never enjoyed a relationship more and gotten more out of it in such a short period of time.”
Senior Vice President, Capital One Bank